Owing to a rapid increase in the number of regulations and the regulatory authorities, manufacturers all over the world are fast adapting to the need for operational transparency by implementing a harmonized set of compliance procedures.
Environmental assessment and management
Environmental assessment and management and environmental data management as per the ‘Environment Protection & Biodiversity Conservation Act’, to cover activities relating to:
- The Sea
- Hazardous waste
- Fuel quality
Inventory of Chemical Substances
Australian Inventory of Chemical substances ( AICS) is maintained under the ‘National Industrial Chemicals Notification & Assessment Act.’ Before commencing manufacturing or import of an industrial chemical, AICS needs to be checked to ensure:
- It is listed and if there are conditions for using it
- Conditions of use
- Exemptions, if any
- Notification of a new chemical
Conflict Minerals Services
“Conflict minerals” commonly include tin, tantalum, tungsten, and gold and originate from the African regions ravaged by civil war, including the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and bordering countries. Trade in these minerals gives financial support to armed rebel groups operating in conflict zones, entangling corporations in conceivable human rights abuses.
As a response, The Securities and Exchange Commission has adopted new disclosure requirements relating to the use of “conflict minerals” in certain countries. The rules impose reporting requirements on manufacturers if the products they manufacture or contract to manufacture contain minerals identified as “Conflict Minerals”. This accountability extends throughout a company’s supply chain. Companies are required to provide annual disclosures on a Form SD. Starting with Forms SD filed in 2016 for the calendar year 2015, with respect to calendar year 2015,companies will no longer be permitted to use the “DRC conflict undeterminable” determination.
Our services on Conflict Minerals:
- Scope Assessment, Strategy development, Conflict Minerals Compliance Plan, Consultation
- Supplier notifications and declaration gathering, Review existing supply chains, Collection, interpretation and documentation of results. Help customer in identifying the Reasonable country of Origin (RCOI)
- Support customer in Due diligence on the source and chain of custody of its conflict minerals, filing form SD and Conflict Minerals report preparation to SEC
International Material Data System (IMDS) Services:
IMDS is an internet-based data system created & used by Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to track and manage chemical ingredients in different parts of vehicles. It has been adopted as a golden standard for reporting materials content in the vehicles. It is a valuable tool helping OEMs to comply with the increasing number of national and international regulations.
Our IMDS Services:
- Validation and analysis of MDS using the interfaces A2 , IMDS web interface, MCC, iPoint, MACSI and customized sheets.
- Creation of MDS using A2, IMDS, SAP, PSA, AIAG sheets and customized sheets
- Supply chain data management
- IMDS Consultation
- Domain consultancy in customizing and implementing the IMDS PLM systems.
Safety Data sheets:
Preparation & Filing of SDS as per Code of Practice for the preparation of Safety Data Sheets for Hazardous Chemicals.